In this course, students will gain foundational knowledge of core data concepts and related Microsoft Azure data services. Students will learn about core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure. Students will explore fundamental relational data concepts and relational database services in Azure. They will explore Azure storage for non-relational data and the fundamentals of Azure Cosmos DB. Students will learn about large-scale data warehousing, real-time analytics, and data visualization.
The audience for this course is individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
Module 1: Explore core data concepts
- Core data concepts
- Data roles and Services
Module 2: Explore fundamentals of relational data in Azure
- Explore relational data offerings in Azure
- Explore Azure services for relational data
Module 3: Explore fundamentals of non-relational data in Azure
- Fundamentals of Azure Storage
- Fundamentals of Azure Cosmos DB
Module 4: Explore fundamentals of data analytics
- Large-scale data warehousing
- Streaming and real-time analytics
- Data visualization
Prerequisite certification is not required before taking this course. Successful Azure Data Fundamentals students start with some basic awareness of computing and Internet concepts, and an interest in extracting insights from data.
- Experience using a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
- Familiarity with basic data-related concepts, such as working with tables of data in a spreadsheet and visualizing data using charts.
- A willingness to learn through hands-on exploration.