This course provides the knowledge and skills to implement DevOps processes. Students will learn how to use source control, scale Git for an enterprise, and implement and manage build infrastructure.
Students in this course are interested in implementing DevOps processes or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
- Planning for DevOps
- Getting Started with Source Control
- Managing Technical Debt
- Working with Git for Enterprise DevOps
- Configuring Azure Pipelines
- Implementing Continuous Integration using Azure Pipelines
- Managing Application Configuration and Secrets
- Implementing Continuous Integration with GitHub Actions
- Designing and Implementing a Dependency Management Strategy
- Designing a Release Strategy
- Implementing Continuous Deployment using Azure Pipelines
- Implementing an Appropriate Deployment Pattern
- Managing Infrastructure and Configuration using Azure Tools
- Third Party Infrastructure as Code Tools Available with Azure
- Managing Containers using Docker
- Creating and Managing Kubernetes Service Infrastructure
- Implementing Feedback for Development Teams
- Implementing System Feedback Mechanisms
- Implementing Security in DevOps Projects
- Validating Code Bases for Compliance
Successful learners will have prior knowledge and understanding of:
- Cloud computing concepts, including an understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations.
- Both Azure administration and Azure development with proven expertise in at least one of these areas.
- Version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles. It would be helpful to have experience in an organization that delivers software.
If you are new to Azure and cloud computing, consider one of the following resources:
If you are new to Azure Administration, consider taking:
If you are new to Azure Developer, consider taking:
Free online: Create serverless applications
Instructor-led course: AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure and AZ-020: Microsoft Azure Solutions for AWS Developers