A tanfolyam célja
Leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. Focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. Exploit both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogenous storage to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. Improve storage utilization effectiveness via thin provisioning. Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSD) usage with Easy Tier. Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
- Setup and configure the Storwize V7000
- Install and cable expansion enclosures
- Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage and provision storage to host servers
- Utilize Storwize V7000 management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers and migrate data.
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized Storwize V7000 environment
- Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the effective usage of the Storwize V7000 solid state disks (SSD)
You should complete course:
Introduction to Storage Networking (SN700) or Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71) or have equivalent knowledge.